[Coco] vim for coco3 os9 is now in Genes-os9-stf

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Nov 9 15:05:56 EST 2014

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 08:59:39AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 09 November 2014 08:45:49 Bill Pierce via Coco did opine
> > it's there. It's in "3rdparty/packages/uemacs"

I don't know if this is the source for the binary I have or not... I
don't think so mine is IIRC hard-coded for term CoCo and doesn't need
termcap.

> The makefile is for os9/68000, and it needs TERMCAP.  I wonder if the
> dynastar version of termset would work says he to no one in particular.

Sorry no, termset was Microware attempting to re-invent this
particular wheel, and it didn't work out for them. Termset was quickly
abandoned in favor of real termcap. That said, if you have a termset
programming library? Would like a copy!

> Can someone explain to me what "TERMCAP" was defined as all those years
> ago?

Termcap is the TERMinal CAPacities library for C. Does all the
low-level grinding for supporting cursor-addressable terminals. (And
some of those crap old terminals needed a LOT of grinding!)

The OS-9 port is old GNU code so it works but may be considered a bit
memory-hungry. ;-)

It's on RTSI or I have it at
http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/os9/termcapLII.lzh (this may be a slighly
small version, I'd managed to remove a K or so of dead code, but off
the top of my head I don't remember if this archive is mine or the
original.)

To actually USE a termcap program you'll need the support files, most
easily gotten at http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/os9/ctuser.lzh

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA