[Coco] vim for coco3 os9 is now in Genes-os9-stf

Aaron manney at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 05:20:03 EST 2014

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 9:52 AM, J Arcane <jarcane at gmail.com> wrote:

> Modern Emacs is enormous, but the oldest *Macs editors ran on pretty
> ancient machines and made for very small editors. There's no way you could
> port Emacs official, but a *macs-like screen editor with the same screen
> commands and such could probably be done. There's even precedent for a Lisp
> variant running on OS-9.
>
> Whether it would perform well at all, I can't remotely say.

You're talking about Xlisp?  I've had it working through an emulator a few
years ago.  I should try and get it working again...  I wasn't too
impressed at the time, though.  Recursion was, well, limited.  ;)

There is something similar to Emacs around for OS-9 (without the lisp,) but
I couldn't ever get it working correctly without it crashing about a
million times a minute.  I was considering, though not even remotely
seriously, trying to find an ancient version of Emacs and porting it.

-M.