[Coco] NitrOS-9 boot configuration tool

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 16:33:47 EST 2014

For example:

Last week, when trying to modify my boot kernel,  I managed to make
"/DD" point to a different drive than drive 0 (I used "ded" to edit my
boot file).   After that hurdle, I successfully booted os9, but then
realized I didn't have a "/x0" anymore...  so after a hour of kludging
around the makefiles, I gave up and "modbusted" and old OS9BOOT ripped
out its old "/x0" descriptor and used "merge" to cat my new OS9Boot
with the old "/x0".   I did everything non-officially, and I know this
wasn't the "correct" way,  but worked however, and faster than
figuring out any of the existing os9 utilities, makefiles, or the
machine-dependent module build directories.

Using the "hardcore" utils like DED and DMODE and MERGE, was quite
easier (for me) than figuring out the proper utils.  I guess I'm
trying to say that the bootfile, is quit an easy format to work with,
but has to be totally crappy for new users.  We definately need a nice
gentler way of building a sane OS9BOOT.   I'll give Bill, or anyone
working on a nicer way, any support I can.