[Coco] NitrOS-9 and the MPI

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sat Nov 8 09:40:21 EST 2014

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 23:54:00 -0700
Darren A <mechacoco at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if NitrOS-9 provides any kind of support for the
> MPI? If a driver is associated with a cartridge that uses SCS* for
> address decoding, is it completely the responsibility of the driver
> to make sure the correct MPI slot is activated?
>
> Since the floppy controllers use SCS* for decoding I tried looking
> through the rb1773 code, but didn't find any evidence to indicate
> that it takes the MPI into consideration.
>
> Darren

Darren:

	IIRC, it is the responsibility of any device that uses SCS* to
change it to what it desires and restore it after use.

	Code is in many of the clock2 modules, llscsi.asm, sc6551.asm,
and the joydrv_655[12][LM].asm.

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
I can't give you brains, but I can give you a diploma.  -- the Wizard
of Oz