[Coco] CoCo and Multitasking

davidlinsley at gmail.com davidlinsley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 14:21:28 EST 2014

Back in ‘93 I wrote my UK “high school” CS project in BasicO9 running on Level 1 on my Dragon 64. To print screen shots for my report I had another task running that checked for the button on both joysticks being pressed, and then it would dump the screen to an Epson FX-80 compatible printer. At the same time the current user could continue using the program while a second user  all used in from a terminal emulator connected to the Dragon’s serial port. I got good marks for that :)

It was amazing what you could do with just Level 1.

Cheers,

David.