[Coco] CocoSDC

Salvador Garcia ssalvadorgarcia at netscape.net
Fri Nov 7 09:56:30 EST 2014

I assembled mine yesterday. My 100uF cap was labeled with the grey bar indicating polarity. Odd that your was not Mark. I had trouble with the resistor pack, I was not sure which was pin 1, but a quick search solved that.And I am always forgetting which LED lead is which, also searched that and found (must remember, short lead is "negative"). The crystal had a small dot, so I matched that with the silkscreened dot on the PCB.

I just need my wife to double check all soldering to make sure I did not miss any. I had to strain my eyesight and believe I got them all, but better safe than sorry. I've always had a problem seeing little things close up. Once that is done I'll insert the 4 chips ad then wait till my trip in December to the location where my Coco I is stored. I be reading all available documentation since at this time I am not sure what to do with the CoCo SDC. I will post question here if any arise.

Aesthetically speaking, very nice board! Technically speaking... awesome!

Thank you Darren and Zippster. And also thanks to the person doing the production for the MPI plate. I don't have any posts corresponding to that thread handy and I can't remember your name, but your deed is well known :-). Salvador

.