[Coco] I think now I have a final design

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 12:46:00 EST 2014

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> The Apple II connects on the monochrome RCA input (look below the RGBIN
> connector, there a cinch connector there. You must close the JP1, JP2 and
> JP3 to have it working. JP1 drives the monochrome signal into the csync
> signal, jp2 and jp3 drives the hsync and vsync from the LM1881. You need a
> LM1881 for composite sync.

Ok, thanks.  The schematic symbol for the RCA jack is a bit unfamiliar.
I'm used to seeing a dashed circle with a dot in the middle.

> I'm using 5% resistors for everything except for the 3x 75 Ohms. These ones
> you better keep them as 1%. This is the most sensitive part of the circuit.
> The two caps are 104 i'm using two small orange ceramic discs I don't make
> any idea about it's tolerance. It's doesn't make difference there.

Thanks for clarifying.  I had a feeling some of them needed to be
precision resistors.

> For apple ii, I managed to put blue and orange artifact colors (the same on
> coco2). You can play karateka in colors now. I'm still working on green and
> pink to see if I can get them as well.
>
> You don't need to send me a board. It costs 35 for three I already ordered
> them. I thought it would cost me more.

I would really like to contribute something to offset your time and
expense.

Steve