[Coco] KIDS REACT TO OLD COMPUTERS

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Thu May 29 21:51:34 EDT 2014

I think you'll find there's significant differences, ie Next-/OpenStep used a Mach 3.0 microkernel, OS X does not. It actually uses code from an earlier version of the Mach kernel.

Although alot was incorporated, I'd venture the bulk was userland stuff, that and snatching 4.4BSD and GNU stuff.

The history is well documented.

You have to keep things in perspective...

Apple has RARELY invented ANTYHING at all....
They've taken the hard work others have done, and gone from there

Tony
tonym at compusource.net