[Coco] KIDS REACT TO OLD COMPUTERS

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 29 15:52:52 EDT 2014

On 30/05/2014 5:47 AM, tonym wrote:
> I believe in the dumbing-down; however, I apply that to the MacOS era, pre-OS X.
>
> Apple even claimed it themselves, remember the "computer for everyone" ads and the ads about how simple they were to use?
> We're going back to '84-86...
>
> However, I don't really think it applies in the OS X era.
>
> Of course, that doesn't mean I can't take a freebie shot at my wife about her using a "simpleton computer." :)
>
> Tony
> tonym at compusource.net

I think the problem is the term "dumbing down" that comes across as
offensive to people who use a Mac.

Back in the early days, Mac was better designed from a UI point than
anything else.

These other OS's have, over the years also become more "dumbed down" to
become better with their UI.

Maybe we're living in the era of dumb computers?

(Now THAT was a joke!)   :)

Nick