[Coco] KIDS REACT TO OLD COMPUTERS

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 15:50:48 EDT 2014

I agree wholeheartedly with this view, and I never try to belittle apple users.  I believe I have an unbiased view on the pros & cons versus Windows/Android.  Apple has streamlined their hardware and OS to be fast and reliable and perform most of the tasks that the general user will need.  That's just not good enough for me, since some of that is due to things being too restrictive and lack of multiple hardware vendors to stimulate innovation outside of the 'box' that those people are comfortable in.  I gladly fix software problems and tweak firmwares and deal with bugs here and there in order to end up with a platform that's taylored the way I want it, not everyone else.  Apple has benefits and downsides, so does Windows & Linux...just depends on what you need and desire, and what you will sacrifice to have it.

Sent from my ASUS Infinity

On May 29, 2014 2:25 PM, Nick Marentes <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
On 30/05/2014 2:16 AM, Chad H wrote:
> This is the whole reason Apple dumbed down their tech..  Those that were
> smart and motivated enough to figure things out went on to windows/linux.

Or... we can look at it from a non biased angle and say...

Apple are smart and motivated enough to actually design and create a
better user interface that translates the complexity of the hardware
into a more usable form for most people.

How can it be "dumbed down" if they've put effort in making a better
design for more people?

... and I'm not an Apple person but one must give them credit for what
they have achieved.

There are other things I don't like about Apple but their design and
construction is not one of them.

Nick