[Coco] Colorcomputerarchive harmful behavior

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Mon May 26 19:40:07 EDT 2014

I have to admit I have very mixed feeling about this topic. There are a number of reasons for this.

The first is that I think we all agree that having another archive site for coco related software is a good
thing and should be encouraged. I also don't think there's much that can be done to stop things like DW and
nitros-9 from being made available via a third party site.

I do however understand Aaron's point and would like to make the following suggestions regarding actively maintained
( I don't think there's any need for doing anythings special for software no longer being maintained ):

The first thought is to contact the developer of the software and discuss it. We're to small of a community for there
to be hard feelings and the small size makes it not to difficult to work with the people writing the software.

My second thought is to create a directory structure for currently maintained software which includes a link the the
"official" site. At that point what get added to the archive is what the developer and the archive owner agree on. This could
mean keeping older versions in the archive and letting people get the software from the primary site. The reason I think there's
value to having a single place to get/find software for the coco

I had a few other thoughts but managed to forget what they were while typing this up.

The Other Frank