[Coco] Colorcomputerarchive harmful behavior

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 26 17:37:06 EDT 2014

On 27/05/2014 7:03 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> This robs the official project of the opportunity to communicate with their
> users.  Why put effort into creating project web sites with documentation,
> guidance, notices for users, etc if they might never see any of it?
>
> If backup is the goal, backup the entire project web site and present the
> work of the project creators as it was intended.

I agree.

One needs to put themselves in the developers shoes. If you spend so
much of your time creating, updating, bug fixing amd responding to user
queries for a project that is very close to you, having it copied and
misrepresented on a 3rd party site can blow the enthusiasm right out
from under you.

The repository should be for old, unavailable and no longer supported
software.

I would recommend a page with links of *other active software projects*
on the repository for people to be steered in the direction of that
active developers site.

Nick