[Coco] MShell Update Notes

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun May 25 23:17:50 EDT 2014

Mshell fans and testers...
I have posted what will probably be the last "announced" update to MShell for a while.
I have fixed most of the things that were noticed by those who were reporting problems to me and for the most part, it was a successful test run.

I am at a dead stop now due to an old error in the drivewire v-ports driver, and cannot complete the PC file reader as planned until this is resolved... which I hope is soon.
My plans for MShell at this point is the rethink the menus and basic layout and I'll probably do a complete rewrite to clean up some spilled "spagette code" as the sauce started getting on everything.
Maybe by the time I get things cleaned up, the dw bug will be squahed and I can carry on from there. If not, I will start working on modules that do not require the dw4 drivers as the whole system is not dw oriented. There are lots of the modules that have nothing to do with dw that can be started.

Updates via the internal updater will still be active as I make progress, but nothing is garaunteed at this point. The current version of MShell is fairly stable and usable. I do hope to get the OS9 to OS9 copies working before I do the rewrite though as that would make it all worthwhile.

I want to thank those who tried MShell and informed me of their results. It got a lot of things cleared that would have plagued me later had I not released a test run.

Thank you for all the help.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia