[Coco] MShell Update Notes

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed May 21 11:03:07 EDT 2014

Hi MShell fans,
Since the last update, I've receveid several complaints about the version numbers in the updater. Two of those I answered publically.

So as an "official" statement...
This is a "TEST VERSION" of MShell. Therefore, it's set up for... testing.
MShell's version numbers in the program and the updater are for testing. Not the actual versions. The updater will ALWAYS show numbers higher than the program... even if you just updated. This is so I can test the updater again with the downloaded update. If the numbers were correct, once you update, you could not test the updater again as there would be no updates available!

And as a note... Sometimes you may update MShell and find some unusual "prompts" in actions.... This is most likely where I left my debugging prompts installed and haven't removed them yet. Yes they are bothersome, but ignore them, hit enter (in most) and carry on. And remind me to remove them LOL

I want to thank all who are testing MShell for me. It has made finding the bugs much easier and they are slowly disappearing and MShell is growing one or two features at a time. It will soon be time for major updates by adding new modules. That's when this gets fun. The planned modules will make MShell the most useful OS9 program since "dir" :-)
For more  info on what's planned for MShell and to get the downloads, visit the MShell website/blog:

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/mshell---the-ultimate-os-9-gui

Thanks to everyone, your help and comments are appreciated :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com