[Coco] DW4 lost its config

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri May 23 08:32:14 EDT 2014

Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just had a situation where I started up DW4  (latest version), and it had
> forgotten the vhd files that were loaded, and it would not let me insert new files.
>
> I'm running Windows 8.1 on a AMD A6-6400 64bit processor, 8G RAM, 1TB HD.
>
> I reinstalled DW4 to cure its amnesia :P
>
> Any clues/suggestions?
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

You have not said whether you are using a real Coco or an emulator (VCC or
MESS). I can see DW4 getting into trouble if, for example, you are using the
Becker VCC and have a .vhd mounted in both DW4 and VCC.
Generally you should not have a disk floppy or .vhd mounted in two different
devices at the same time. If you are lucky, you won't be able to access the
drive. A worst case could damage the drive or an ini/xml file.

Robert