[Coco] NOS9 v3.30 Multivue not working correctly

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Wed May 21 09:18:29 EDT 2014

If the current version is based on 1.26a (the last version I worked on), there was some things I put into env.file that did allow you to control the colors at boot up. I added a 2nd set of 4 default colors that Gshell itself uses, in addition to the system wide defaults that were already in there. Been a long time since I looked at any of that, but I think I had it so that it would load those in by default as well, as opposed to have to run CONTROL -E. It's been a long time since I looked at it, but I think they were something like GSHPAL0= through GSHPAL3=, or something like that.

I should mention - Kent Meyers did the original disassembly (And all the modifications up through version 1.25) - he kindly gave me his last source, and I did my updates based on that. It was originally written in C, and Kent's disassembly was in ASM source, which is what I used. If he disassembled the utilities, I don't recall that we ever received them.
Also, Bill Pierce was mentioning that two color MultiVue windows were broke in the NitrOS-9... that was a conscious decision. In order to get the 3-D look to work, one needs more than two colors to do it properly. Since MultiVue itself did not use it, and 99% of other WindInt based programs did not also (I was aware that MVCanvas did), the decision was made to not officially support it. I believe that the Level II Version 3.0 upgrade this as well, although I never tried to run MVCanvas under it (we only had pieces of it, and way too late in NitrOS-9's development, to do much with it).
L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net