[Coco] NOS9 v3.30 Multivue not working correctly

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue May 20 19:47:40 EDT 2014

Tormod Volden wrote:
><snip>
> Robert, can you be more specific about which revision it was that
> worked? There was no v3.2.9 release so anything over the last 5 years
> was "3.2.9 development version". By the way, to avoid this confusion
> in the future I am not bumping the version number in the repo before
> 3.3.1 is released, so anything between the proper 3.3.0 and 3.3.1
> releases remains "3.3.0 development version".

Using http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/ as a reference, I've tested the 3.2.8
release with the Multivue disks on the site. That can be used as a base for
comparison with the current nightly builds.
To get the 3.2.8 disk to work, it is necessary to add the following to Startup:
cd sys
merge stdfonts stdptrs stdpats_4 stdpats_16
If these files aren't present on the boot disk, they will be on an MV disk. It
will also be necessary to copy to the boot disk from an MV disk all the program
files and the sys/env.file .
One crucial change must be made in the test env.file which will set MV to use
the low res mouse. Change PTRRES=1 to PTRRES=0.

Now you can test MV by starting it with   gshell&   . Click on the X (menubar)
and select Control. Play with the color selections.

Now compare booting from the MV nightly build and see how changing the colors work.

I really have no idea what is causing the change. We don't have source code for
MV and the nightly build is not the same as the Tandy MV. Candidates are VTIO
CoWin and any of the MV programs.

Robert