[Coco] NOS9 v3.30 Multivue not working correctly

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:59:42 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
> Would anyone check this on their systems?
>
> The current nightly build of multivue_6309.dsk ( and presumably 6809 ) seems
> to be having problems with the NOS9 v3.3.0 OS, probably grfdrv.

Just a note: I haven't done any nightly build since the 3.3.0 release
so /latest = v3.3.0. Only change in the repo now is a Sierra fix by
Guillaume.

> With Multivue running, you should be able to change screen colors with
> Control from the menubar. This worked correctly with NOS9 v3.2.9 but now it

Robert, can you be more specific about which revision it was that
worked? There was no v3.2.9 release so anything over the last 5 years
was "3.2.9 development version". By the way, to avoid this confusion
in the future I am not bumping the version number in the repo before
3.3.1 is released, so anything between the proper 3.3.0 and 3.3.1
releases remains "3.3.0 development version".

> seems impossible to set a white screen with black text and still be able to
> use Control. MVue starts with a white screen but immediately switches to a
> black screen.

How to list all changes done to the level2 grfdrv since the 3.2.8 release:

hg log -v -p -r nos9v030208.. level2/cmds/grfdrv.asm

It does not seem to be many changes there, so the problem might be
somewhere else. But I hope this mercurial command can be of help to
someone.

Cheers,
Tormod