[Coco] Announcing the Color Computer Starter Kits

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon May 19 14:28:08 EDT 2014

Andrew wrote:
> Hey Bill, these sound great! One question, though:
>
> You mention that you'll have MESS kits available later (as well as the "real
> deal"); do you have any interest in building a kit using one of the DOS-based
> emulators (perhaps Jeff Vavasour's CoCo 3 emu)? Would there be any limitations
> on such a system?
>
> I've found MESS to be ok on my Linux system, but for some reason I like the DOS
> emulators better (they seem to work fine under DOSBox as well - though I haven't
> really exercised them well). I've never tried VCC under Wine (maybe it works ok?).
>
> Regardless, I can tell you've put a lot of effort and thought into these, so
> congrats and thanks!

RGBDOS (presumably HDBDOS as well) works with the JVC Coco3 emulator and .vhd
disks mounted. You will not be able to connect with Drivewire even if you have
the drivers in the OS9Boot file.

The same ROM used with MESS or VCC works with the JVC Coco3 emulator if you add
an appropriate header to the ROM.
2 bytes
$00 C0

Robert