[Coco] Vcc to DriveWire

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat May 17 19:32:21 EDT 2014

Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> Robert, you forgot to mention, not to use the "dw" labeled disks form the repo for emulators & dw4, use the ones ending in "becker". They are for the emulators and CocoFPGA.
>
> Bill, if you want a Vcc1.4.3b/DW4/HDBDOS/Becker turnkey system let me know and I'll send you a link. I've just finished my website for it and will be uloading the files tonight.
>
> The website is:
>
>   https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/the-color-computer-drivewire4-hdbdos-nitros9-starter-kit
>
> I should have the download links up tonight.
>

> Bill Pierce
> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens

> Co-Webmaster of The TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Bill, take another look at my message. Becker is mentioned both in the text and
the url. ;)

Just ran a test and found that you can boot from a Becker disk mounted in
Drivewire, load emudsk and h0, and then read a .vhd disk mounted in VCC_Becker.
You can't set the VCC_Becker for RGBDOS, boot from the .vhd disk, load rbdw dwio
(Becker version) x0 and access x0. It won't work even if you include the
Drivewire Becker drivers in OS9Boot on the .vhd disk.
It looks like VCC needs the Becker ROM mounted to access Drivewire unless I
missed something.

You should then be able to mount a .vhd disk in Drivewire, install a Becker Boot
module and Becker drivers in the OS9Boot file on the .vhd and get that to work.