[Coco] Vcc to DriveWire

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat May 17 17:36:11 EDT 2014

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts wrote:
> Ok I would like to know what I need in the boot file for Drivewire to VCC.  I have Drivewire setup for emulators, but need to know what I need to add/change in my boot file to use it.  I am using v3.3.0 Nitros9 6309 with a 60mb vhd and 3 80trk ds drives with vcc now, using rb1773 and emudsk. Also using stock Disk rom.  I am green to drive wire and would like to start using it. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Bill Nobel

There are two versions of VCC and only one will work with Drivewire. You need
VCC 1.43beta with Becker support which is specifically designed for use with
Drivewire.
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Emulators/Coco%203/Vcc/Vcc_setup%201.43b%20with%20Becker%20Port%20support.zip

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Emulators/Coco%203/Vcc/

This version of VCC will come with a ROM that supports Drivewire. Now if you
want to access Drivewire disks after booting from your current .vhd drive using
the RGBDOS ROM, you will need to add the Drivewire driver and descriptors to
your OS9Boot file or load them as a merged file after booting NitrOS-9. I'm not
sure the latter will work but expect it will. The alternative is booting
NitrOS-9 from Drivewire using a v3.3.0 disk marked Becker with emudsk driver and
descriptors added to that OS9Boot file.

The disks you need are at the nightly build repository.
http://nitros9.sourceforge.net/latest/

If you have problems getting things to work, you could send me direct email.

Robert
robert.gault at att.net