[Coco] Demo of my Debugger

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Tue May 13 10:51:46 EDT 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 07:53:24PM -0400, CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts wrote:
> Also, another thought on using straight rs232:  The clients ( which
> nearly don't exist yet )  will have to be made to talk rs232 and TCP
> sockets... which I'm pretty sure is easy.   I just have to remember
> how to setterm() and getterm(), etc....

I usually find that eliminating as much "third party" stuff as possible
is a plus when developing code on a remote target.  Routines to talk
to a 6551 are probably simpler than those for talking to the bitbanger
and for negotiating with DW -- YMMV, of course.

Setting-up the serial port on the client side shouldn't be too much
more difficult than opening a socket, but the difference is certainly
non-zero.  Let me know if you decide to open the source!

John