[Coco] too much work?

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Fri May 9 21:35:52 EDT 2014

>From Mike Delyea in Toronto

Hope somebody can give me some direction on this.  Right now I use an old
Dell P3 with a 5.25 drive in it to make disks for my coco3.  The way I do
it is, I first format the disk with the coco, then I take the disk over to
the Dell, which is running Jeff Vavasour's emulator (which allows writing
of real coco disks), and copy the files over from .dsks that I've
downloaded.  Its worked well so far, I've been able to copy basically any
.dsk this way, and even made a Nitros9 boot disk which I then took back to
the coco and I was then able to make a 40trk DS Nitros9 boot disk from it.
My question is this - am I doing too much work?  Would using something like
drivewire make this easier (the caveat being I would have to load drivewire
from disk because I have no means of burning an EEPROM)?