[Coco] Joystick jitter in OS9

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Mon May 12 22:18:42 EDT 2014

The hires joystick has always had this jitters problem. Software can
try and minimize it but it is inherently jittery.

The jitter is from noisy potentiometers (due to age), electrical
interference picked up by the cord to the computer and software
drivers not running as efficiently to minimize the problem.

What we ideally need is a digital interface rather than the current
analogue system being employed.

May I suggest to try and design your program interface to use keyboard
commands (1-9, F1 & F2, first letter of command etc)...unless someone
can design a new and more reliable mouse interface.

Nick