[Coco] Joystick jitter in OS9

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Mon May 12 20:47:11 EDT 2014

Got a question for you guys,
Does anyone know a good method of removing the "joystick jitter" in OS9 L2?
In certain postions, my (black Tandy) joystick or deluxe color mouse will start "jumping" about 3 or 4 pixels, back and forth. It will occassionally do this while trying to position it on an item.
I can loose some resolution, that's not an issue as I'm already skipping about 6 or 7 pixels on a 640x192 screen to get full screen access. I do not need "pixel by pixel" resolution.
I could possibly trim it to every 4 or 5 chars (8 pixels per char horiz, 7 vert) if needed. It doesn't seem to jerk vertically. I haven't noticed if it does this with the Hi-Res interface as I've had it disconnected lately.
This is not a major issue... it just "bugs" me.
I'm using C for programming and the mouse read is the standard mouse packet system call.

Anyone got any ideas?

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia