[Coco] Help with The Magic of Zanth for CoCo 3

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Mon May 12 02:06:57 EDT 2014

 Yes. I understand what you're saying. From a historic point of view,
it does reflect the technology of the time.

And the multipak was great for techie types who wanted to have the
slots for their hardware add-ons.

I just always thought there was a nicer and more elegant way of doing
it.

The Apple II did cost more... but it also had the expansion slots. If
you compared an Apple II, with disk drive to a CoCo, it would have to
be a CoCo with disk drive and multipak. I don't know what US pricing
was back then but a CoCo definitely hit you over $1000 then. Of
course, you didn't have to buy the multipak and the CoCo was usable
with cassette and ROM paks which made it cheaper initially.

Nick