[Coco] A year in review at Cloud-9

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Wed May 7 13:32:07 EDT 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 12:57 PM, CoCoList for Color Computer
Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
> Forgot to answer the Becker port question....
>
> Probably not, as from what I recall. The Becker port was in the $FF41 / $FF42 region.
>
> As that works for the CoCoFPGA or in Emulators, etc...On real hardware that is in the floppy area.
>
> Now if I have this wrong, please correct me as I haven't looked it up.

FF41 is right according to docs, however FPGA and the emulators also
have FDC and seem to work fine.  I'm not sure why a real coco would be
any different in terms of conflicts.

In any case, please try to use standards... the last thing we need is
yet another variation on drivers that basically do the same thing :)