[Coco] 64k memory limit (was) CP/M emulator for OS9/6809

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat May 3 12:22:18 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM, Bill Pierce wrote:
> The beta testing of MShell is no hurry because I broke it today and now I've got to fix it LOL
> I was adding some new cool features and all of a sudden it quit working on the real Coco, but worked in Vcc... then in trying to isolate that problem, it no longer works in Vcc either. I should have it back up and running within the week, even if I have to backtrace and remove the new features and get it back to what I had it. My last backup was right before I got working again after 2 mpnths, so I definately don't want to go back that far, though I may have to. It's usually the same problem, some rogue pointer sending data into never-never land and crashing the system.

I would strongly recommend to learn and use a revision control system
like git or mercurial. For each significant (or as small as you want)
change you'd make a commit, and you will have a nice commented backup
of your development steps. At any time you can rewind to a previous
point and back again. You can for instance test out things on an
experimental branch without messing up the normal development branch.
Just the ability to easily visualize all changes since the last commit
("hg diff" on the command line) makes it so much easier to spot
errors.

Cheers,
Tormod