[Coco] OS9 Scred patch [dbree at DUO-COUNTY.COM: Scred Patch (was RE: scred)]

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri May 2 23:44:12 EDT 2014

OK that was embarrassing it doesn't seem to be on RTSI.
Anyway it's small here it is:

Also placed it at http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/os9/scred.patch
and http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/os9/scredfix.ar

----- Forwarded message from David <dbree at DUO-COUNTY.COM> -----

Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 20:54:20 -0500
From: David <dbree at DUO-COUNTY.COM>
Subject: Scred Patch (was RE: scred)
To: coco at Princeton.EDU

I'm kinda late in getting to this, but just spotted it..

On Sat, 01 Jun 2002 05:58:08 -0500, Robert Gault wrote:

> Here is the help file contents. It is a good editor but can lock up with
> incorrect key strokes.

Yes, that was a bug where certain alt-key combos caused the system to
crash..  caused by the fact the keystrokes were listed in a jumptable,
and the offsets were indexed by a _signed_ integer.  The following
patchfile (for modpatch???  fixmod??? modfix???  )  it's been a while...
will fix that problem.  I used scred for quite a while before I got ved

-------------------- cut ---------------------------
* Fixes(?) bug in "scred" where alt-key crashes ???
l scred
c 0012 3c 3d
c 05db 2c 24
c 05f1 2e 22