[Coco] makewav

keithclark1966 at gmail.com keithclark1966 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 19:56:51 EDT 2014

I'm using a program called makewav to convert a .cas file to a .wav file.

Here is a sample conversion and the output:

keithclark at keithclark-eM355:~/CoCo/toolshed-2.1-linux$ ./makewav -r -0 -v
golf.cas
makewav - S record to CoCo/MC-10 audio WAV file
Copyright (C) 2007 tim lindner

Total data length is 6350 bytes
Encoded filename: FILE
File type: 0x0
Data type: 0x0
Start address: 0x0000
Exec address:  0x0000
End address:   0x18ce
sample size: 1200 hertz: 10, 2400 hertz: 5

Now, the -r switch is supposed to allow for a binary instead of an S record
input file.  The -0 switch outputs a basic file as opposed to a machine
language file, or a basic data file.

It works and it will even load into the coco, but when I list the program,
just garbage appears.  If I try the machine language version, it starts

Has anyone got this program to work for them?

Thanks,

Keith