[Coco] CoCoFest DownUnder!

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Mon Mar 31 18:22:03 EDT 2014

Darren,

Makes sense on the I/O errors. I agree.

Regards,

Mark
http://www.cloud9tech.com

________________________________
 From: Darren A <mechacoco at gmail.com>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] CoCoFest DownUnder!

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Mark Marlette wrote:

> Nick,
>
> How about just a 512k CoCo3 PAL and a CoCoSDC???
>
> The only caps on the TRAID are for power supply filtering. A digital
> design.
>
> Hopefully Darren can shed some light on to why/what the CAP mod is doing
> on the CoCoSDC.
>
> The TRIAD requires that the analog caps on the RAS/CAS lines(digital) need
> to be cut.

The cap mod is for a CoCo 1 with the 'D' or 'E' motherboards and only
affects the ability to program the Flash.

Without more testing I couldn't really say why the CoCo SDC didn't work on
the aforementioned CoCo 3.  Based on the problem (I/O errors) I would not
initially suspect an issue with the Triad. It may be something like a CPU
with a blown HALT or NMI line or just a flakey connection in the cartridge
port connector.

Darren