[Coco] Coco monitors 1084s-xx ?

farna at amc-mag.com farna at amc-mag.com
Sun Mar 30 16:53:37 EDT 2014

Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 00:10:27 -0400
From: "Kip Koon" <computerdoc at sc.rr.com>

Hi Bill!
My 1084S-P unfortunately does not have the DB9 RGB connector.  Instead it
has 2 round DIN connectors for RGB input.  One is labeled "TTL RGB" with
8-pins and the other is labeled "lin. RGB" with 6-pins and I have no clue
what the pin out is for either input.  I would like to use the RGB inputs.
Would anyone have any information on how to utilize these inputs?  Any help
is appreciated.  Thank you in advance.
Kip

======================

That's a great monitor! You need to use the "Lin. RGB" input for the
CoCo3. That's "Linear RGB" (analog). The other is used for a PC (CGA).
This site has pin-outs for a lot of different Commodore monitors, the 1084
series included:
http://gona.mactar.hu/Commodore/monitor/Commodore_monitors_by_model_number.html

I used a 1084S back in the day. Just match the CoCo pins to the Commodore
pins, no signal conversions needed. You will have to use the sound out on
the back of the CoCo to the monitor to use the built-in speakers. It's a
great monitor for the CoCo! You can have the composite inputs connected as
well and just hit the input button to play games that use artifact colors
and won't display well in RGB.