[Coco] Vcc 1.4.3b and DW4 Installation Guide

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 09:55:43 EST 2014

Hi all,
I have made a "Vcc 1.4.3b and DW4 Installation Guide" page at Cocopedia:

http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/VCC_1.4.3b_and_DW4_Installation_Guide

I started this a while back but have so many Coco "projects" going on, it seemed to have slipped out of my focus. I ran across it while searching for something else and decided to "sort of" finish it up. I still need to add a couple of things like more screenshots, but for the most part it will get a new user up and running.

I tried to cover most aspects of installing Vcc 1.4.3b with Becker Port support and DriveWire4. I hope this helps others to understand the process. Of course since Vcc is a Windows program, this is for Windows users only.

Not to start the Windows vs Linux argument but I find it kind of ironic that most of the Coco users are Linux users... but ALL of the Coco emulators have been written for/by MSDOS/Windows users with the exception of 1 Mac emulator attempt (Virtual Coco) and 1 Java emulator (Mocha). Come on Linux guys.... let's see a Linux Coco emulator. I think it would be a much more suitable enviroment for the Coco than Windos....

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com