[Coco] Anyone interested in creating a Southeastern Color Computer Convention somewhere?

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Wed Mar 5 05:26:07 EST 2014

Hi Everybody,
I really don't know how many Coco Users or other Retro-Computing users there
are in the southeastern part of the US, so Steve may be right.  Then again,
it could turn out to be a nice little gathering of like-minded users having
a  lot of fun even if the group is really small.  If that is the case, the
hotel conference room needed wouldn't need to be big.  Still though, I'd
like to get something going.  I know some people out there just can't travel
the distances required to attend conferences half way across the US.  I'm
working on it,  but I'm not there yet.  By the way, where do you live Steve?

I'm sure there are people on this list who may very rarely post any emails
or none at all.  At  first when I joined the list, I didn't know anyone, so
for a while I just read all the emails and began to get acquainted with my
cocos again.   Later on when I started feeling like I could contribute
something, even if it was just a little bit, I did so where possible.  I'd
really like to hear from everybody interested in putting something together
no matter what your experience may be.  You may be a seasoned computer
veteran of 30 - 40+ years or even a 1 year old (in computer years of
course), it just doesn't matter.  All are welcome.  And for those who can
travel long distances, you are all welcome too.  Remember, the more who
come, the less expensive the conference room will cost.  I want to be able
to put faces with names and get to know all you guys better than can be done
over email.  I have skype and yahoo messenger, so we can communicate that
way as well - one on one of course.  I have a dear friend I talk to using
Skype almost every day in NC that  I enjoy visiting with who I met on this
Coco List.  We have a great time talking about what we enjoy doing every
chance we get.  I love having email capabilities to talk to everyone, I just
want to do more.  All positive ideas and comments are welcome.  Take care my
friends.
Kip