[Coco] RadioShack closing 1100 stores

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue Mar 4 23:33:31 EST 2014

I don't even bother taking anything to show them.  Most of the managers are younger than the 5000MC (Tandy's last original computer, IIRC).  Most of them have no idea about the the name Tandy, they work for Radio Shack Corp and corporate memory is as fleeting as that of a girl (or boy) in middle school.  Which most of the staff weren't competent to pass from, but there's that "No Child Left Behind" and "Common Core" crap to make sure the smart kids don't learn too much to outclass the (politically and socially incorrect term)s.

Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>

God does not play dice with the universe: He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who _smiles all the time_.
    -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)