[Coco] So does your coco3 do 256 color mode ? Mine does...

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 14:04:18 EST 2014

Actually right now the driver is a little faster as I optimized it a
bit. But the scrolling up will always be faster on CRT9128 because
there it's done with hardware registers. On 9958 I have to copy
VRAM-VRAM.

Also, to v9958 requires more writes to update each text position and the cursor.

But it does support colors. I have now a os-9 tool to change the
background and foreground screens.

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Ken H. <dragon.atv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Luis,
> Your wordpak2+ looks very cool!
> How fast is the text display? On the video it seems a little slower than
> the CRT9128 wordpak.
>
> Apparently, your wordpak2+ design is basically the "next generation" of the
> Dragon premier systems sprite board which was based on the V9929 VDG chip
> (only supported 40x24 text).
> This board was reviewed on Dragon User 11/84:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9wgnqGFDmhkRWhPWnRzOTczaDQ
>
> Too bad the software for this board is missing. Could have been useful for
> creating the basic sprite drivers for your WordPak2+.
>
> Ken
>

> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) <
> retrocanada76 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> also my coco1, coco2, coco2b, etc.
>>
>> Meet the WordPak 2+ fully operational:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdAwJJsXbtA
>>
>> Still need to make all the drivers, one problem is the charset that
>> must be loaded from disk. How do I do it in os9 ? Just open a file
>> into the video driver init ?
>>
>> --
>> Long live the CoCo
>>
>> --