[Coco] coco drives on ebay

Josh Harper allencoco at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 23:51:11 EDT 2014

hi  guys

im posting  the sellers  comment about  the  3  coco tandy  drives he has for sale
talk about  rough  shape   thought  everyone should see the comment  before trying to buy these drive  unless ur just looking  for parts

sellers  comment
-------------------------------

Hi all of the drives are used and have scratches, nicks, scuffs, marks and discoloration in places.  I would classify it all as normal wear and tear but you might have a different opinion.  I took very high resolution pictures of the items and you can increase their size by clicking on the picture.  You might want to have somebody else view the pictures and describe them to you as best as possible.  I simply wiped the dust away before taking the pictures and made no attempt to clean the drives with any chemicals.

Additional information on the drives:

Item # 191223455489 - Has "OR LIC 104268" electro penciled into the back of the unit above the model sticker.
Item # 191223447740 - The front left bottom of the drive case is bent.
Item # 191223462293 - Some of the vent slots on the top of the case are bent.

The digiwiper again is used in good shape.  The label on the unit is intact but has some scratches, the manual has a 4-5" water stain and 1 5.25" floppy disk is included.  I have no way to test this item at all.

The X-PAD is in good shape as-well with scratches and some pen writing on the overlay.  The box is somewhat beat up with and the label on front of the box is torn and has AS-IS written on it.  The manual is a photocopy.  I have no software to test this unit at all.

There might be something I'm forgetting here or can't see from the pictures.  Please remember these are used drives and fairly old.  I tested what I could to the best of my ability and tried to be as descriptive as possible.  Bid as if they were non-working.  These items came with some lot's I purchased from an estate sale.  None of the items are museum quality.  Do not bid on them if you are expecting everything to be in perfect condition.

Before listing these item's I researched their prices on previous auctions and priced them with what I thought was reasonable.  For instance untested drives and controllers regularly sell for $125 and controllers alone sell for upwards of $50.

- cubeman