[Coco] Setting up xroar on linux

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 00:19:43 EDT 2014

Hi Nick,

well, I've sorta got it working on Windows8.2.

If the correct rom files with the correct names are present in the
directory from which xroar is run, it will work, at least up to ECB
level. The names (as per the manual page 10) are bas11.rom, extbas11.rom.

I haven't yet got it to use Disk basic. This should be possible using
the xroar.conf file (I think). However, Windows does not have the path
expected by xroar ( ~/Local Settings/Application Data/XRoar) nor does it
have ~/Application Data/XRoar). I tried putting a config file in the
same directory as xroar, but it's ignored.

These paths should be able to be bypassed using environment variables,
but, being new to W8, I haven't a clue how to do that.

Hopt that helps

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia