[Coco] Suggestions?

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 08:40:06 EDT 2014

Karateka :)

On Jun 21, 2014, at 8:29 AM, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

Hi Guys,

Now that I'm nearing completion of Lode Runner, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for possible future ports to the Coco3? I have to say that the 6809 in general and the Coco3 in particular is really growing on me and I can see now that its true potential was harnessed by only a very few back in the day!

I'm looking for what would be considered "iconic" games on other 8-bit systems that could be done - preferably pixel-perfect - on the Coco3. Even better would be if the game/genre/similar has never really been seen before on the Coco. I have a few in mind from the Apple II, Sinclair Spectrum and even arcade back-catalogue, but I'm interested in what other people would like to see.

Of course I'm not promising anything at this point, and will probably take a bit of a break from porting *anything* atm as I have a few other projects going in parallel that need some "CPU bandwidth". But if someone came up with a really cool suggestion, it might spur me into action sooner rather than later! ;)

Regards,