[Coco] Suggestions?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 21 08:29:33 EDT 2014

Hi Guys,

Now that I'm nearing completion of Lode Runner, I was wondering if anyone
has any suggestions for possible future ports to the Coco3? I have to say
that the 6809 in general and the Coco3 in particular is really growing on me
and I can see now that its true potential was harnessed by only a very few
back in the day!

I'm looking for what would be considered "iconic" games on other 8-bit
systems that could be done - preferably pixel-perfect - on the Coco3. Even
better would be if the game/genre/similar has never really been seen before
on the Coco. I have a few in mind from the Apple II, Sinclair Spectrum and
even arcade back-catalogue, but I'm interested in what other people would
like to see.

Of course I'm not promising anything at this point, and will probably take a
bit of a break from porting *anything* atm as I have a few other projects
going in parallel that need some "CPU bandwidth". But if someone came up
with a really cool suggestion, it might spur me into action sooner rather
than later! ;)

Regards,