[Coco] Coco -> Arduino -> Drivewire and back again... the arduino code... for connecting via the serial

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 20 16:31:12 EDT 2014

On 21/06/2014 5:00 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> cocofdc is great for disks.  not so good for internet access,
> printing, midi, remote display, etc.
>
> ideally, a rompak could be made that did all those things and more as
> nicely as cocofdc does disks.  pi in a pak can do all of those things,
> but probably not as nicely.  still, a step in the right direction
> imho.

Would anyone seriously use internet access on the CoCo? Once the novelty
wore off, I think people would do their serious browsing on something
more capable.

Midi is usable, but midi can also work directly off the serial port. How
many people actually use their CoCo for midi? I know a handful of people
but that's it.

Printing? Does anyone really use a CoCo for serious document creation? I
know serial printers are hard to come by so I can understand that there
is a need to print some basic text data at times.

I'm all for making the CoCo do things it's not suppose to but sometimes
I think there is a wide gap between novelty and practicality.

Nick