[Coco] NitrOS-9 on a 128k Coco-3

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 18 19:36:31 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 18 June 2014 17:33:10 Kandur did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Robert, I don't have DW, yet.
> None of the xmode /term commands worked,
> these made no changes in columns or colors.
> The display 1b xx xx commands worked.
> http://qdv.pw/coco/blog/2014/06/18/boot/
> Ok, will check out dEd, that's next.
> /d1 is a Panasonic JU-475-4, it works fine in a PC as a 1.2 MB drive.

Then it is set for a 500kb data rate, minor detail, but much more
important, 360 rpm.  Your 80 track 720k disk is a 250kb data rate, and 300
rpm.
The JU-475 has jumpers for the disk speed switch, but I do not recall its
name.

> I want to read a 5.25" DS DD 96TPI 80 floppy. (160 tracks total)
> http://qdv.pw/coco/blog/2014/06/18/temporary-setup/

You will have to locate that speed jumper clip and reset it for 300 rpm.
The data rate will take care of itself when hooked to a coco controller.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)