[Coco] NitrOS-9 on a 128k Coco-3

Kandur k at qdv.pw
Sun Jun 15 20:27:34 EDT 2014

Googled around a lot for "NitrOS-9 on a 128k Coco", and found this interesting article.

"This is content from the home.spogbiper.com website
which ran on a CoCo during the 2010 RetroChallenge.
https://sites.google.com/site/drivewire4/home/cococontent
1/20/10 - The Headless CoCo
We've added support to use one of the virtual channels as the main 'Term' device in OS-9. This means you can run a headless CoCo and leave the drivers normally required for the CoCo's graphic console out of your boot file. The resulting memory savings are significant. This should allow a 128k CoCo to run programs that it could never fit into memory with the traditional CoCo console drivers loaded. The boot file can now be so small that it triggers an ancient bug in OS-9 that only occurs with tiny boot files.
Boisy's looking into that."

Since I'm not interested in games and graphics, (including windowing) under OS-9
on my 128k CoCo-3, could someone help me out with such a boot image, where the
default I/O would be the RS-232 port instead of the monitor and the keyboard?
I used such a setup for years, using commercial CRT monitors such as Hazeltine 1520,
DEC VT100, Televideo 900 series. Oh boy, I've forgotten everything. (:
Or just point me to a good source of such info, please.

Kandur