[Coco] [Offtopic] TRS-80 Model I/III/IV disks

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Wed Jun 11 10:15:49 EDT 2014

On Jun 11, 2014, at 6:55 AM, Rogelio Perea <os9dude at gmail.com> wrote:

> Off CoCo Topic I know but related to this post, if in need of TRS-80
> disks...

I'm still surprised there's no "ADTPro" like program for the TRS-80 series so that people can make disks from bare metal. I recently acquired a Model I with expansion interface and disk drive, and the only way I could make a disk was to put a 5.25" in a PC (which I just happened to buy a 360k floppy drive at a garage sale a couple months back). But the Model I has an audio based cassette interface and I can send software over by plugging it into the audio jacks on another computer. That's pretty much all that would be needed to bootstrap it.