[Coco] Always a funny auction...

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:55:57 EDT 2014

On Wed Jun 11 2014, tonym wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRS-80-Model-4-TRSDOS-and-BASIC-Interpreter-sofware-floppy-disk-by-Tandy/221456491100

> A single disk. Untested. As-Is. "Worked when put away." But $45. No
> refunds, returns, or exchanges.
>
> Isn't it strange how the BUYER is always expected to be the one assuming
> ALL the risk??
> Why do the sellers insist on having ZERO exposure to risk, and having the
> buyer assume the entirety?

Got to love some sellers on Ebay for doing that - as if the words RARE,
VINTAGE and others are permissions to go crazy on the starting bids. My
thought is that one as a seller should set a low starting price, say one
dollar to start and then have the market work its magic to a level of what
buyers consider a good deal.

Off CoCo Topic I know but related to this post, if in need of TRS-80
disks...

http://www.trs-80.com/wordpress/diskette-request-form/

A small donation will go long ways to keep Ira running this outlet.

-- RP