[Coco] Sacrificial carts - opinions?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 10:37:54 EDT 2014

Mark I may have found a solution. My son's guitarist in his band works in a metal fabricating shop. They have state of the art technology with computer controlled laser cutters and such. They make anything from rack cases to gas grills to electronics panels.
I talked to him about having some cases made along the lines of the "J&M" disk cases in full length as well as short ones the size of game carts. He said those type of cases would be trivial. He told me to draw up a design and he'd give it to his boss and see what kind of price they could give me on 50-100 units. I figured with as many people wanting cart cases, we could deal with at least 50 if not 100.
These would be 2 piece cases with only the screw holes for holding them together. All other holes and mounts would have to be done by the end user with the exception of the "card edge" holes at each end on the big carts and one end on the small ones.

I'm going to try to draw up the plan this weekend and he should let me know something next week. Then I'll know what kind of cost is involved. He told me that a nice "brushed aluminum look" steel case should be relatively cheap, especially if we order 50 or more.

Anyone not familiar with the J&M cases, they are 2 pieces of metal, folded on sides and ends and fitted to form a box. Not like the B&B cases which were just 2 flat pieces of metal bolted together with spacers and open sides. These cases are nice and durable. I'll post some pictures of one when I get a chance.

I've seen several "FX pedal" cases he's done for his guitar and they look really nice.

When I find out something, I'll post it here.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com