[Coco] Nitros9 quick screen questions.

Greg Law glaw at live.com
Sat Jul 26 10:33:41 EDT 2014

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> You can open other windows that have different setting but change the
> current window or terminal is not possible and I never understood the
> reason for not allowing it. Ok, there is the setting that is performed in
> the device init.
>
> try:
>
> shell -i=/w1&
> shell -i=/w7&
>
> then you must press CLEAR
>
> The /term device you can only change through xmode and then cobbler. For
> other windows, you can use xmode prior to opening it. Then you can change
> if you want in 80 or 40 columns, which colors, etc. Keep in mind if you
> cobbler the os9boot all the current device settings will be burned into
> the
> boot. But the xmode parameters are a little obscure...
>
> try this:
>
> xmode /term fgc=02 bdc=00 bgc=00
> cobbler /dd
> reboot
>
> Where:
>
>  fgc = foreground color
>  bdc = border color
>  bgc = background color
>
>  00 - white
>  01 - blue
>  02 - black
>  03 - green

You can also use display to change the foreground, background, and border
colors but you'll have to do this each time you boot NitrOS-9 (perhaps in
the startup file). This changes the current window (/term in my case) to
white text on a black background with a black border:

display 1b 32 08 1b 33 02 1b 34 02

The colors for the default palette are:

00 white
01 blue