[Coco] Emulator on a Pi

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Wed Jul 16 22:29:48 EDT 2014

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:59:40 -0600
Bill Nobel <b_nobel at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Christopher, do you know the makefile well? or would Bob D. be a
> better person to ask? What target do I go with Unix or Mac?  Uploaded
> it to my Pi and was going to try a build but wasn’t sure what target
> to go with.
>
> Bill Nobel

Bill:

	The target (TARGET) is mess. If you really mean the TARGETOS,
if you are compiling on the Pi the TARGETOS is unix. All the defaults
should be correct if you just type 'make'.

> On Jul 16, 2014, at 5:23 AM, Christopher R. Hawks <chawks at dls.net>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 20:53:45 -0600
> > Bill Nobel <b_nobel at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Well, I finally found a version of Mess on the pi so things are
> >> working except I found it better to do Coco3 from text UI instead
> >> of Gui.
> >>
> >> Bill Nobel
> >
> > 	Mess on the Pi was covered in the Glenside Newsletter Vol 32
> > Num 4 (Winter 2012). The patched Pi source (Coco stuff only) is
> > available at:
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/xprtyrercs03ins/sdlmess0125.tgz
> >
> > 	Bob D. was able to compile it on his Pi and yes, it's a bit
> > slow, but, definitely faster without X running...

> > Christopher R. Hawks
> > HAWKSoft
> > --
> > In article <4dpnqb$9n7 at news.computek.net>, Steve
> > <recon95 at computek.net> wrote:
> >> IBM says its AS/400 mainframe is UNHACKABLE!! Is this true?
> >
> > You miss the AS/400. You miss the AS/400. --More--
> > You miss the AS/400. The AS/400 hits. --More--
> > You miss the AS/400. You miss the AS/400.
> > Apparently so.
> > 	-- David 'Gotterdammerung' Damerell, in
> > rec.games.roguelike.nethack
> >
> > --

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Today at work an ethernet switch decided to take the 'N' out of NVRAM
		-- Richard Letts