[Coco] Copy a file from a DW4 virtual disk to a windows directory

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 18:21:52 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Nick Marentes <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On 11/07/2014 8:00 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>>
>> HDBDOS does a good job of letting hard drives and DriveWire serve as
>> "virtual floppy disks". It does not turn either into floppy drive emulators
>> though.
>

> This may be a bit confusing.
>
> It does "emulate" a floppy drive. If I type DIR, the CoCo accesses a floppy
> drive that happens to actually be an image file served via drivewire.
>
> But software that specifically tries to talk to floppy drives directly using
> it's own code to talk to an FD controller chip, this does not work because
> Drivewire does not also emulate the Floppy Drive *Controller hardware*
> itself.

Ok, lets go with that.   DW does not emulate a Floppy Drive
*Controller*, and this is why it does not use floppy disk image
formats that contain or require information used by floppy drive
controllers.  Sides, heads, tracks... it means nothing to DriveWire.
Very different from a CoCoSDC or a real floppy controller.