[Coco] Q on the extra chip socket the 2 meg kit uses

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jul 9 13:27:10 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 09 July 2014 12:40:36 Bill Pierce via Coco did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Sorry Gene, my 1-meg board is soldered directly to the motherboard
> where the cpu was located. Mine has 40 long, stiff pins coming from
> the board then soldered directly to the motherboard. I guess this
> eliminates having your problem, but makes repairs a major PITA.

Ouch.  OTOH, so is this method, because I have to find another 63c09 &
plug it into the empty socket and pull the 2 meg board & put a half meg
back in. Just to test boot it for the bitbanger repair.  I have both, but
I'm lazy in my dotage I guess.

But I'll guess I have to at some point.  But today I need to move a pair
of aflac insurance policy's and begin paying for them myself as my
consultancy status at WDTV has been canceled by the new owner, his
daughter, who became the head honcho when Russ died this spring.  I'll
miss him, he, believe it or not, was a good friend of mine.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)